[stunnel-users] error:1408F10B

Greg Groth ggroth at gregs-garage.com
Mon Mar 29 17:45:04 CEST 2010

I'm having similar issues recently on two separate machines that are
producing similar errors.  In both instances, /var/log/messages starts
filling up with lines similar to the following:

  SSL_accept: 1408F10B: error:1408F10B:SSL
routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number

I can give further details on both systems, as well as the exact issue,
if warranted.  First off, can anyone explain what a 1408F10B error is?
My gut feeling is that in both instances something changed on the client
end (in both instances the client is a version of outlook).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Greg Groth