[stunnel-users] need to restart stunnel if stunnel starts before network?

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Sat Jan 23 03:14:16 CET 2010

Michal Trojnara 写道:

> I'm not sure what your configuration is, but for a road-warrior
> configuration you usually only need to listen on loopback (localhost)
> interface.  This interface should be available regardless of any WLAN
> issues.

In fact the phenomenon I described is when stunnel listen only on
localhost. I can verify this by the following:

almustafa at Orphalese:~$ netstat -tl
Active Internet connections (only servers)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State
tcp        0      0 localhost:dict          *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:46761                 *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:sunrpc                *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 *:ssh                   *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 localhost:ipp           *:*                     LISTEN
tcp        0      0 localhost:smtp          *:*                     LISTEN
tcp6       0      0 [::]:ssh                [::]:*                  LISTEN
tcp6       0      0 localhost:ipp           [::]:*                  LISTEN
tcp6       0      0 localhost:3128          [::]:*                  LISTEN

Note the last line is stunnel.

> Your configuration file and error messages would help us to provide a more
> detailed diagnosis.
Here is my full configuration

$ grep -v '^;' /etc/stunnel/stunnel.conf | grep '^.\+$'
sslVersion = SSLv3
chroot = /var/lib/stunnel4/
setuid = stunnel4
setgid = stunnel4
pid = /stunnel4.pid
socket = l:TCP_NODELAY=1
socket = r:TCP_NODELAY=1
client = yes
[https]
accept  = localhost:3128
connect = remote-proxy-server-wrapped-by-stunnel:8081
TIMEOUTclose = 0

Most of the settings there are default settings by debian, what I changed limits to the [https] section.

Thanks in advance!