[stunnel-users] "stunnel -version"

Felix E. Klee felix.klee at inka.de
Fri Aug 27 10:36:52 CEST 2010

I installed the official stunnel 4.33 binary on Windows XP/32.

And, when I execute "stunnel -version", a popup window appears with
the following message:

  stunnel 4.33 on Win32 (not configured)
  Stunnel server is down due to an error.
  You need to exit and correct the problem.
  Click OK to see the error log window.

Shouldn't that just work? What may be the cause for the problem?

Indeed, I didn't configure stunnel yet. But I also realized that when
I change something - for example the log level - in "stunnel.conf",
then this is ignored by "stunnel -version".

After clicking "OK" to close the popup message, I get some more info,
though meaningless to me:

  stunnel 4.33 on x86-pc-mingw32-gnu with OpenSSL 1.0.0 29 Mar 2010
  Threading:WIN32 SSL:ENGINE Sockets:SELECT,IPv6

  Global options
  debug           = notice
  RNDbytes        = 64
  RNDoverwrite    = yes
  service         = stunnel
  taskbar         = yes

  Service-level options
  cert            = stunnel.pem
  ciphers         = ALL:!aNULL:!eNULL:!SSLv2
  session         = 300 seconds
  stack           = 65536 bytes
  sslVersion      = SSLv3 for client, all for server
  TIMEOUTbusy     = 300 seconds
  TIMEOUTclose    = 60 seconds
  TIMEOUTconnect  = 10 seconds
  TIMEOUTidle     = 43200 seconds