[stunnel-users] Dynamic hosts

Ludolf Holzheid lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Tue Jun 23 17:01:06 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-06-23 10:33:14 -0400, Terry Riegel wrote:
> Well, that would be one way of doing it. I would prefer to have
> stunnel running as a daemon and just pass a FQDN and local port number
> to it. But it may not be able to do that.

You are right. Currently, stunnel's configuration can't be changed at
run-time (and I still don't see a need for that).

> If I did it the way you are suggesting then 5 concurrent users would
> fire up 30 processes. On my system starting the daemon starts 6
> processes, and if I start it up again I get another 6 processes.

Is this still true with 'foreground = yes'?

For reducing the number of processes, you might also try to configure
stunnel with --disable-libwrap. If you run stunnel from within a CGI,
you will be accepting connections from localhost only anyway.

HTH,

Ludolf

Ludolf Holzheid             Tel:    +49 621 339960
Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH         Fax:    +49 621 3392239
Floßwörthstraße 41          e-mail: lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
D-68199 Mannheim, Germany