[stunnel-users] stunnel tls wrapper/proxy for xmpp

bri bri at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 23:30:01 CET 2009

At virtually Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 1:31 PM, C.J. Adams-Collier
<cjac at colliertech.org> enjoined:

> I'm new here, and I didn't see anything relating to this after a quick
> glance at the archives.   I'd like to start a stunnel connection
> connected to the google talk server and then connect finch up to that
> so that I can tap the clear xmpp session using tcpdump.   Can one of
> you help me?

5222 requires starttls for xmpp, which stunnel doesn't support.

5223 is wrapped ssl and would work for you.

Brian Hatch                  Error 23 occurred when
   Systems and                attempting to report
   Security Engineer          error 23.