[stunnel-users] Question (simple one I think)

Reinier van der Gugten info at rgit.eu
Wed Dec 9 11:07:27 CET 2009

Question:

On the server, port 443 is already in use by a different service.

However I require STunnel to communicate also on port 443.

I thought, that perhaps I can obtain a second IP address and forward
that trafic from the router to port 444 (or any other avail port). Then
I can let Stunnel listen to port 444 and thus it would work. The
firewall has to translate the 444 back to the 443 when transmitting data
ofcourse.

Is this the right way to go? Or ca I do this using one and the same IP
(but then there would be 2 services listning to the same port right)?

Thanks.

Reinier