[stunnel-users] stunnel compatibility question

Brian Hatch bri at stunnel.org
Fri May 30 19:06:43 CEST 2008

Not quite 2008-05-30 09:53 -0400, Jeffrey Buck conversed:

>    I was wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not you can use stunnel
> on a client machine to connect to and communcate with an SSL enabled port on a
> server machine.  (Note...the SSL enabled port on the server machine is NOT done
> using stunnel).

Yes.  Stunnel supports all the ciphers and SSL/TLS protocols supported
by OpenSSL, which means it should work with durned near everything out
there.

What's the error message you're getting when you run with debug = 7?
You may also want to sniff with ssldump, as it may provide more
interesting information.

--
Brian Hatch                  'Man In The Middle' is a pretty symbolic
   Systems and                phrase, appropriate for discussing