[stunnel-users] Enhancement request - Increase thread stack size

MichaƂ Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mobi-com.net
Wed Mar 26 08:12:03 CET 2008

Mccue, Richard Alan wrote:
> I load an engine into Stunnel to access the private key. The engine loads
> without incident, but Stunnel consistently aborts when creating a session
> with the first peer because the thread stack is too small.

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to sacrifice stunnel scalability for
compatibility with this engine.  Thread stack size is one of the main
limitations for the number of concurrent threads on 32-bit platforms.  IMHO
it's better to fix the engine code to allocate its buffers on the heap.

What do you think?

Best regards,