[stunnel-users] Compiling Stunnel 4.21 on Solaris 10

cod3fr3ak rvc.pobox+unixlists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 12:39:19 CET 2008

I am trying to compile Stunnel 4.21 on Solaris 10 with no luck. I am using
Openssl 0.9.8f. After running configure, I run make and receive the
following output:

(truncated for size)
/bin/bash ../libtool --tag=CC --mode=link gcc -m64  -g -O2 -Wall -Wshadow
-Wcast-align -Wpointer-arith -I/usr/local/ssl/include    -o stunnel   file.o
client.o log.o  options.o protocol.o network.o  resolver.o ssl.o ctx.o
verify.o sthreads.o stunnel.o  pty.o  -lz -ldl -lsocket -lnsl  -lpthread
-L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto
gcc -m64 -g -O2 -Wall -Wshadow -Wcast-align -Wpointer-arith
-I/usr/local/ssl/include -o stunnel file.o client.o log.o options.o
protocol.o network.o resolver.o ssl.o ctx.o verify.o sthreads.o stunnel.o
pty.o  -lz -ldl -lsocket -lnsl -lpthread -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto
BIO_set_flags                       protocol.o
SSL_CTX_set_info_callback           ctx.o
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to stunnel
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `stunnel'
Current working directory /tmp/stunnel-4.20/src
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
failcom='exit 1'; \
for f in x $MAKEFLAGS; do \
  case $f in \
    *=* | --[!k]*);; \
    *k*) failcom='fail=yes';; \
  esac; \
done; \
dot_seen=no; \
target=`echo all-recursive | sed s/-recursive//`; \
list='src doc tools'; for subdir in $list; do \
  echo "Making $target in $subdir"; \
  if test "$subdir" = "."; then \
    dot_seen=yes; \
    local_target="$target-am"; \
  else \
    local_target="$target"; \
  fi; \
  (cd $subdir && make  $local_target) \
  || eval $failcom; \
done; \
if test "$dot_seen" = "no"; then \
  make  "$target-am" || exit 1; \
fi; test -z "$fail"
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'

I have tried Stunnel version 4.21, 4.20 with the same results. I have used
Stunnel to help build several secure log servers in the past, and I've never
had problems getting it compiled and installed. Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

cod3fr3ak