[stunnel-users] stunnel not seeing ca bundle files

Ludolf Holzheid lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Wed Mar 12 10:02:08 CET 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-11 22:46:31 -0700, sf.techguy at gmail.com wrote:
> [..]
> These files were:
>
> ComodoUTNServerCA.crt
> [..]
>
> I modified stunnel.conf, and included this line:
>
> CApath = ca-certs/ (<- dir path, relative to chroot, containing above files)
>
> But the error persists.

Hi anonymous questioner,

As far as I remember, the certificates have to be in PEM format in
order to be used by stunnel. (The '.crt' extension makes me suppose
they are in DER format.) You may use openssl to convert from DER to
PEM:

  openssl pkcs12 -in filename.crt -out filename.pem

Moreover, the files containing the certificates need to have special
file names. The 'c_rehash' utility takes care for that.

HTH,

Ludolf

Ludolf Holzheid             Tel:    +49 621 339960
Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH         Fax:    +49 621 3392239
Floßwörthstraße 41          e-mail: lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
D-68199 Mannheim, Germany