[stunnel-users] Is anyone using Stunnel for tunnelling Voip?

Brian Hatch bri at stunnel.org
Tue Jun 3 18:38:26 CEST 2008

Bordering on 2008-06-03 11:13 +0100, Errol Samuels implored:

> I am currently researching a solution for tunnelling VoIP traffic since VoIP
> is blocked in the country concerned.  It appears that the ISP is targeting
> OpenVPN and OpenSwan and blocking them so I want to try something different.
> Has anyone attempted or had any success using stunnel for a similar scenario
> as I have mentioned?

If you're looking for something that has the familiarity of Stunnel and
control both endpoints, you can set up a VPN with tappipe:

Using OpenVPN in TCP mode would work too, but you might want to move
the port away from the blocks used by your ISP.

Brian Hatch                  "Carcas removal is one
   Systems and                of my specialities."
   Security Engineer         --Brian (spider killer)

Every message PGP signed