[stunnel-users] Help on configuring Stunnel

Patel Dippen-CDP054 Dippen.Patel at motorola.com
Fri Jul 25 00:29:03 CEST 2008

I downloaded the pre-compiled Windows version of Stunnel
(stunnel-4.25-installer.exe). We need to deploy this on 2 machines A and
B.
The way it works is:
- B connects to A
- then A connects to B

How should I configure Stunnel on machine A, since, in the first case A
is the Server and in the 2nd scenario A becomes the Client.

Questions on deploying Stunnel on machine A:
- Can I run just 1 instance of Stunnel on machine A? It seems I cannot
since I have to set the "client = yes" in the 2nd scenario
- Do I need to run multiple instances, 1 running as the Server and the
2nd as the Client?

Here is the config file I used on the machine A:
****************************
cert = stunnel.pem
socket = l:TCP_NODELAY=1
socket = r:TCP_NODELAY=1

[iPerfS]
accept  = 5010
connect = 127.0.0.1:5001

[iPerfS]
accept  = 5002
connect = 12.50.0.25:5020
****************************

Here is the config file I used on the machine B:
cert = stunnel.pem
socket = l:TCP_NODELAY=1
socket = r:TCP_NODELAY=1

[iPerfC]