[stunnel-users] Mutual SSL Authentication

Sandeep Kumar sandeep.iiit at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 21:54:57 CEST 2008

If I remember correctly, verify=3 is for verifying against locally installed
certificates and has nothing to do with mutual SSL authentication.

I think having verify=somenumber in both server and client will basically do
mutual authetication i.e server will check client's certificates and client
will check server's.

On Fri, Aug 15, 2008 at 8:34 AM, Christopher Hunt <huntc at internode.on.net>wrote:

> Ah ha - "verify = 3" - thanks!
>
> On 15/08/2008, at 9:12 AM, Brian Hatch wrote:
> >>
> > Mutual authentication uses the verify option on both
> > ends, rather than just on one end.  Both sides verify,
> > and both sides present a certificate.

Sandeep Kumar
http://students.iiit.ac.in/~sandeep_kr