[stunnel-users] 23 secs to list 5000 files using stunnel and samba on linux

PK pk.junk at internode.on.net
Thu Apr 3 05:47:11 CEST 2008

Thanks for the excellent response.  It does seem to be a
nagle/buffering issue of some sort.  I set up stunnel as you suggested (so
that all conns are localhost -> remotehost) and the problem disappeared.
However, after again explicitly turning TCP_NODELAY off completely in samba
and stunnel, restarting, etc, the problem remains in the localhost ->
localhost configuration.

It'd be nice to fix it, but none of the socket options seem to change
anything so will probably have to find a work around, such as keeping the
number of files in the directory low or pushing harder to use cifs instead
of stunnel.

Thanks again for your time.

Paul