[stunnel-users] SSL Accelerator card and Stunnel

domstra at alice.it domstra at alice.it
Mon Oct 15 13:03:54 CEST 2007

Hi all,

We are using STunnel v.3.x and STunnel v.4.x on different systems (Application Servers and DB Servers, on HP and Sun mainframe hardware).

We have noticed that the STunnel load is quite heavy for the CPUs of each Server.
So, we are beginning to study and analyze a solution that allows we to use STunnel without generate overhead on the CPUs.

A good solution could be using a SSL Accelerator card as "SSL engine", in order to offloading the calls to the card CPU.

We have also read the following topic in your mailing-list regarding a solutions similar to ours:
List:          stunnel-users
Subject:    SSL Accelerator supporto for Stunnel

Can you suggest us a list of "SSL Accelerator card" model (and vendor) to install and configure with STunnel?

Anyway, do you suggest us to upgrade the STunnel version to the last stable on each Server?

Thanks in advance for the support.

Awaiting for your kind feedback and suggestions.

Best Regards.
Dom

Scopri la nuova Alice Mail! <http://registra.rossoalice.alice.it/registra/basic/entratabasic.do?entryPoint=footer>
1 GB di spazio con antivirus, antispam e fino a 2 GB di allegati. <http://registra.rossoalice.alice.it/registra/basic/entratabasic.do?entryPoint=footer>