[stunnel-users] can't get client address

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mobi-com.net
Tue Nov 13 22:16:49 CET 2007

Draeath Spamtrap wrote:
> Stunnel appears to be working fine, but when started it spams my syslog
> about 5 times with the following message:
> "stunnel: warning: can't get client address: Bad file descriptor"
> There are no other messages from stunnel.
>
> I'm not sure where it's coming from...

I've found it:

$ strings -f /usr/lib/* | grep "can't get client address"
/usr/lib/libwrap.a: can't get client address: %m
/usr/lib/libwrap.so: can't get client address: %m

You can disable libwrap support if you don't use it:

./configure --disable-libwrap
make clean
make
make install

> *of note: I had to set the uid/gid number. for some reason it couldn't
> resolve the gid/uid on it's own. My /etc/passwd is world-readable (with
> hashes in shadow) as is standard.

Apply: ftp://stunnel.mirt.net/stunnel/setuid.patch

Best regards,