[stunnel-users] Stunnel hangs on big flows of data

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mobi-com.net
Fri Oct 27 09:31:47 CEST 2006

On Thursday 26 October 2006 17:54, Dario Mariani wrote:
> I'm deploying stunnel on some servers.
> I did some tests, and i never had problems.
> For example, i tried 5k parallel connections,
> and i didn't have any problem.

Thank you for the information.
What is your platform (hardware, operating system)?

> 2006.10.20 16:00:58 LOG7[20302:75]: SSL_read returned WANT_READ:
> retrying
[cut]
> It did complete correctly within a pair of minutes on an ibook 64
> 1.33 1g ram, but with LOADS of want_read and want_write errors on
> both sides of stunnel.

They're not errors!  They're debug (LOG7) messages.
The message does not indicate anything wrong by itself.

Debugging should be only enabled when you're trying
to diagnose a problem - not in a production system.

> Can you help me?

What is the problem (besides those debug messages)?
How can I reproduce the hang mentioned int the subject?

Best regards,