[stunnel-users] Help please - debug and random file

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Mon Oct 2 23:31:37 CEST 2006

Mike,

Ah -- you are an expert!  Amazing product in that I last download
this in 2000 and have used it without incident ever since.  Too bad I
am forced to upgrade.

I have hunted down the problem some more -- it has to do with the randomness.

Using dbx I have found that it is blocking on a socked read for
DEVRANDOM_EGD ... I did not specifically set up any sockets for
randomness anyplace.  Or set any options.  I don't really want a
socket, I was perfectly happy with my little 1024 byte .rnd file.

If I copy a file (at random :-) ) and specify that it use that file
for randomness, it reads it and sets it to zero bytes (unless I tell
it not to overwrite).  It then goes to read the socket and hangs.

I suspect this is more an openssl problem than stunnel unless you can
think of a way to 1) make it not wipe out my random file   2) make it
not try and access a socket

I hope you put my little fix in to s_log.

Thanks,

Eric

At 01:51 PM 10/2/2006, you wrote:
>On Monday 02 October 2006 21:19, you wrote:
> > Are you an openssl/stunnel expert?
>
>I wrote stunnel.  I could say I'm an expert (who an expert is otherwise?).
>
> > If I gave you access to my rs6000
> > and paid you, could you get this to work for me?  Since I only need
> > to compil this every 5-10 years, it makes little sense for me to
> > invest a lot of time learning it!
>
>Good idea.
>
>Best regards,
>     Mike

This email sent by:

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off
when I sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

Note the change in the domain from vicspdi.com to vicsmba.com !!!!

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!

http://www.vicsmba.com

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

Corvair pictures including the Judson setup on our 62 Sedan and lots
of pictures of Cheryl's 62 Monza Wagon and our 62 Spyder convertible.

http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/corvairs.html

My younger brother Martin has started a very serious car company.  A
hot rod (very fast) electric roadster is the first offering.  The
chassis is built by Lotus to their specs.  Check it
out:  http://www.teslamotors.com