[stunnel-users] Help please - debug and random file

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Mon Oct 2 23:31:37 CEST 2006

Ah -- you are an expert!  Amazing product in that I last download
this in 2000 and have used it without incident ever since.  Too bad I
am forced to upgrade.

I have hunted down the problem some more -- it has to do with the randomness.

Using dbx I have found that it is blocking on a socked read for
DEVRANDOM_EGD ... I did not specifically set up any sockets for
randomness anyplace.  Or set any options.  I don't really want a
socket, I was perfectly happy with my little 1024 byte .rnd file.

If I copy a file (at random :-) ) and specify that it use that file
for randomness, it reads it and sets it to zero bytes (unless I tell
it not to overwrite).  It then goes to read the socket and hangs.

I suspect this is more an openssl problem than stunnel unless you can
think of a way to 1) make it not wipe out my random file   2) make it
not try and access a socket

I hope you put my little fix in to s_log.

At 01:51 PM 10/2/2006, you wrote:
>On Monday 02 October 2006 21:19, you wrote:
> > Are you an openssl/stunnel expert?
>I wrote stunnel.  I could say I'm an expert (who an expert is otherwise?).
> > If I gave you access to my rs6000
> > and paid you, could you get this to work for me?  Since I only need
> > to compil this every 5-10 years, it makes little sense for me to
> > invest a lot of time learning it!
>Good idea.
>Best regards,
>     Mike

This email sent by:

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off
when I sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

Note the change in the domain from vicspdi.com to vicsmba.com !!!!

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

Corvair pictures including the Judson setup on our 62 Sedan and lots
of pictures of Cheryl's 62 Monza Wagon and our 62 Spyder convertible.

My younger brother Martin has started a very serious car company.  A
hot rod (very fast) electric roadster is the first offering.  The
chassis is built by Lotus to their specs.  Check it
out:  http://www.teslamotors.com