[stunnel-users] Help please - debug and random file

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Mon Oct 2 21:19:05 CEST 2006

Thanks for the reply ...

No "accept" ... I suppose I should have mentioned I am running it
from inetd.conf just passing in the .conf file.

I do have the latest and greatest "stable" openssl library.  Not
overwriting the RND files does keep it intact ... so now stdout just gets:

2006.10.02 12:02:05 LOG7[29958:1]: Snagged 64 random bytes from

Nothing else at all :-(

At 10:16 AM 10/1/2006, you wrote:
>On Friday 29 September 2006 23:01, Eric S. Eberhard wrote:
> > I am AIX 4.3.3 and I compiled with xlc and the only option I used
> > that was not default was to not link in the wrappers.  I did get a
> > ton of warnings that the "-pthreaded" option was not valid ... but it
> > executes and responds so I am not sure that matters?  Or should I do
> > something (what?) about that?
>IMHO it doesn't matter.  Did you upgrade your OpenSSL library as well?
> > I have two problems (for now :-) ):
> >          1) No matter what I do it seems that at least some debug is
> > coming back through the socket, and no debug is going to my debug file
>Very strange.  What about logging to stdout with "foreground=yes"?
> >          2) The debug I am getting is very strange -- the first time
> > it says "Snagged 64 from bytes from stunnel.rnd"  The second time it
> > says "Unable to retrieve any random data from stunnel.rnd"  When I
> > examine the file it has a current date and zero bytes.  If I copy
> > back my old (2000) stunnel.rnd it always reads once, and then writes
> > it back out with zero bytes.
>"RNDoverwrite = no" should help.
> > My configuration files for the service (visanet) is:
> >
> > output = /tmp/stunnel.log
> > debug = 7
> > RNDfile = /visanet/ssl/stunnel.rnd
> > [visanet]
> > client = yes
> > connect = ssllab.pgs.wcom.net:443
> > sslVersion = SSLv2
> > protocol = smtp
> > cert = /viasanet/ssl/stunnel.pem
>Strange.  There's no "accept" option in your configuration.
>Best regards,
>     Mike
>stunnel-users mailing list
>stunnel-users at mirt.net

This email sent by:

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax

928-301-7537 -- you may call any time day or night, I turn it off
when I sleep :-)  Please try to use a land line first (reception often poor).

Note the change in the domain from vicspdi.com to vicsmba.com !!!!

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!

Completely updated web site of personal pictures with many new
pictures!  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and more.

Corvair pictures including the Judson setup on our 62 Sedan and lots
of pictures of Cheryl's 62 Monza Wagon and our 62 Spyder convertible.

My younger brother Martin has started a very serious car company.  A
hot rod (very fast) electric roadster is the first offering.  The
chassis is built by Lotus to their specs.  Check it
out:  http://www.teslamotors.com