[stunnel-users] newbie sendmail + smtp question

Fred nietzsche sc00b123 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 3 05:52:02 CET 2006

My ISP requires all my mail to go to mail.myISP.net via SSL to port 465.

I have sendmail compiled with STARTTLS, configured authinfo and I've set up sendmail's smarthost to send everything to mail.myISP.net

I run stunnel like this.

stunnel /etc/stunnel/stunnel.conf -c -d 25 -r mail.myISP.net:465

There are no errors in the log. I can see stunnel listening on 25 with netstat. When I try to send mail I get:

bash-3.00# sendmail -v sc00b123 at yahoo.com <test
sc00b123 at yahoo.com... Connecting to [127.0.0.1] via relay...

Which just hangs for ever.

My stunnel.conf looks like: