[stunnel-users] tunpipe

Masateru KUWATA masateru_kuwata at activemail.jp
Fri Feb 3 04:54:26 CET 2006

Just a quick comment - is this designed for only L3 traffic?
It is likel that TUNEPIPE encapsulates TUN traffic in TCP and carry to the otehr end through SSL.

If it is a case, can you think about TAP device to be supported as well? I see a lot of demand to carry "Ethernet traffic" over IP rather than L3 traffic. (OpenVPN also supports both)

--- "Michal Trojnara" <Michal.Trojnara at mobi-com.net> ---

>Dear Users,
>For the last two days I was working on a VPN solution for stunnel.
>The early alpha version is ready for download here:
> - based on proven strength of SSL encryption (much better than IPSec or any proprietary encryption protocol),
> - very clean and lightweight design,
> - very easy to configure.
> - only works on GNU/Linux (can be ported to some other Unixes),
> - use of TCP is the main performance limitation.
>Aternative solutions:
>Suggestions and comments are welcome.
>Best regards,
>    Mike