[stunnel-users] Encrypted tunnel for HTTP traffic?

Jan Meijer jan.meijer at surfnet.nl
Wed Feb 1 22:12:39 CET 2006

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, Robert Nicholson wrote:

> Can anybody tell me if it's possible for stunnel to act as a local web proxy
> that simply encrypts my outgoing HTTP traffic and decrypts it on the way back
> in? Specifically is it still possible to block urls at the hosting provider
> with this approach and is all my browsing then safe from prying eyes? What I
> want is along the lines of a VPN solution but it sounds like stunnel can at
> least take care of my HTTP needs.

Uhrm, what do you want to do exactly?

One way of interpreting your question would be the following:

client <-http-> local stunnel proxy <--https--> any webserver

and that would not work that way.

Might be my late evening problem but somehow I don't understand what you
want to achieve.  Care to explain?

Jan
--
http://www.surfnet.nl/organisatie/jame