[stunnel-users] Encrypted tunnel for HTTP traffic?

Robert Nicholson robert at elastica.com
Wed Feb 1 08:28:29 CET 2006

Can anybody tell me if it's possible for stunnel to act as a local
web proxy that simply encrypts my outgoing HTTP traffic and decrypts
it on the way back in? Specifically is it still possible to block
urls at the hosting provider with this approach and is all my
browsing then safe from prying eyes? What I want is along the lines
of a VPN solution but it sounds like stunnel can at least take care
of my HTTP needs.