[stunnel-users] Problem with certificates using smtp /pop

Klaas klaas at mailinator.com
Fri Dec 29 20:08:07 CET 2006

Hello,

I have installed stunnel 4.20 on Windows2003 server and have created my
private key as follow:
openssl req -new -days 365 -nodes -config stunnel.cnf -out
certreq.pem -keyout stunnel.pem

After that I have send certreq.pem to my own CA and have received a
certnew.cer file. But what I have to do next because I still receive the
message that the CN-name of the certificate is not the same with the given
name.

I append this certificate (certnew.cer) to my stunnel.pem file like:
-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
data here
-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
data here
-----END CERTIFICATE-----

But this doesn't work. Still receive the message that I also read on the
stunnel.conf must I config something here?
cert = stunnel.pem
key = stunnel.pem

; Authentication stuff
;verify = 2
; Don't forget to c_rehash CApath
;CApath = certs
; It's often easier to use CAfile
;CAfile = certs.pem
; Don't forget to c_rehash CRLpath
;CRLpath = crls
; Alternatively you can use CRLfile
;CRLfile = crls.pem

Can anyone tell me what certificate I place where and how config the
stunnel.conf so I get this working?