[stunnel-users] SSL_accept: Peer suddenly disconnected

James Brown jlbrown at bordo.com.au
Thu Dec 7 14:26:10 CET 2006

On 07/12/2006, at 7:16 PM, Michal Trojnara wrote:

> James Brown wrote:
>> 2006.12.07 15:35:52 LOG3[6093:25188864]: SSL_accept: Peer suddenly
>> disconnected
> [cut]
>> Does this mean that the SMTP proxy listening on port 25 is not
>> accepting the connection from stunnel?
>
> No.  It means that your *client* has closed the SSL socket without
> negotiating SSL on it.  I guess you've changed the port number on a
> mail
> client without actually turning the SSL on.

Ah, thanks Mike, I was thinking that it was the peer on the other
side of stunnel. I changed all the stunnel settings back (I'd been
fiddling trying to get it to work) and it suddenly started working
again. I think I must have restarted my Mail client or something to
make its SSL kick in.

Thanks for your help,

James.