[stunnel-users] 4.13+0.9.7i server stops writing SSL output

Richard.Hall Richard.Hall at ingenta.com
Tue Oct 25 13:03:49 CEST 2005

All,

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Eric Haddix wrote:
[...]
> I actually had started noticing the exact same behavior but hadn't had
> time to look into it. Mine seemed only to happen on images, leaving HTML
> pages alone but my HTML isn't all that big anyway comparatively.

That figures. It all seems to be related to size of data.
Small = beautiful :-)

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, G J Piper wrote:
[...]
> I think this is the same issue I've been having with 4.12/4.13 and POP
> connections... I can get *most* emails but not emails with images
> embedded inside them, and no attachment emails. The email client
> ((T|t)hunderbird 1.07 OSX) just hangs with no update when it gets to a
> large email... just sits there until it stops as if nothing was wrong.
> Next time it checks email it tries to retrieve the same emails it just
> got up to the large one again then the same thing happens. (It never
> gets to the point of deleting them off the server or recording that it
> received them because the server stops sending the data and won't talk
> for a bit it seems.

Ditto. Size matters ;-)

> Does it work just fine if you revert back to 4.11 like mine does?

Wouldn't know. This was a new install on this particular box, and I only
ever had 4.04 running elsewhere.

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, Michal Trojnara wrote:
[...]
> Please try stunnel-4.14b1 from ftp://stunnel.mirt.net/stunnel/
> It should be better.

Sorry for the delay - been one of those mornings! - but I can now confirm
that it appears to be working for me.

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005, G J Piper wrote:

> Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 12:35:17 -0700
> From: G J Piper <stunnel at macpicks.com>
> To: stunnel-users at mirt.net
> Subject: Re: [stunnel-users] 4.13+0.9.7i server stops writing SSL output
>
> Thank you Michal Trojnara for fixing our Stunnel problem! :-)
> Thanks so much for listening and keep up the good work.

I would agree absolutely with that.

Regards,
 Richard