[stunnel-users] stunnel-4.12 Solaris 9 libwrap compile problem

John Christian potus98 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 7 14:39:33 CEST 2005

Hi gurus...

I'm setting up a centralized log server for all of my Solaris 9 hosts. Kim's
article at http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/features/articles/syslog_ng.html is
providing much of the guidence. I plan to use syslog-ng, but would like to have
stunnel in place first. http://www.sunfreeware.com does not have a pre-rolled
stunnel for Solaris 9.

I'm receiving the error below when trying to compile stunnel-4.12 on Solaris 9.
Can you offer any tips on overcoming the stunnelcompile error below?

ERROR:

[snip]
gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wshadow -Wcast-align -Wpointer-arith -I/usr/local/ssl/include
-o stunnel client.o log.o options.o protocol.o network.o resolver.o ssl.o
sthreads.o stunnel.o pty.o  -lz -lsocket -lnsl -L/usr/local/ssl/lib -lssl
-lcrypto -lwrap
allow_severity                      /usr/sfw/lib/libwrap.so
deny_severity                       /usr/sfw/lib/libwrap.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to stunnel
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [stunnel] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/spool/src/stunnel-4.12/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

I'm using GNU's make 3.80 and gcc 3.4.2.
My environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH is:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/openwin/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/ssl/lib:/usr/sfw/lib

Thanks for taking the time to share any direct solutions or hints that will
help me find a solution.

-John