[stunnel-users] help

Maddalena.Pulcini at seleniacomms.com Maddalena.Pulcini at seleniacomms.com
Thu Mar 31 14:35:41 CEST 2005

Hi Mike,
Thank you for your precious help.

I am using stunnel as SSL client. The SSL server runs in a router.
As you suggested me, I have done these changes:

at first I have modified the stunnel.conf with

options = SSL_OP_TLS_BLOCK_PADDING_BUG

stunnel.conf
==============================
client = yes

debug=7

options = SSL_OP_TLS_BLOCK_PADDING_BUG

[telnet]
accept = 23
connect = 10.36.3.144:4433
=============================

but I have got this error

=======================================
file stunnel.conf line 5: Illegal SSL option

2005.03.31 13:26:48 LOG3[3396:3716]: Server is down
=======================================

After I have changed the stunnel.conf in this way:

stunnel.conf
==============================
client = yes

debug=7

ciphers = RC4-MD5

[telnet]
accept = 23
connect = 10.36.3.144:4433

The problem I had is now solved.

But my question is:

how can I know more about this protocol incompatibility?
Is there an accurate documentation about that and also about stunnel configuration?
Sorry but sometimes it's difficult for me to find (in the FAQ or other sessions) the informations that I need.

Thanks&Regards

Maddalena