[stunnel-users] long delay to close the ssl session ?

gary ng garyng2000 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 4 01:29:20 CET 2005

Hi,

I am using stunnel to wrap SSL around SWAT. Everything
works fine except that it takes a very long delay for
the browser to see that the page has already been
transmitted completely(in other words, the other end
has closed). I observed this behaviour with both 3.x
and 4.x stunnel. Looking through the log, I see that
it takes exactly one minute from the start of the
session till the session is closed, seems to be some
parameter within stunnel to hold the session.

I tried both inetd as well as stand alone stunnel mode
and both behave the same as well. Is this an issue
with SWAT or stunnel ? If I just use plain SWAT
through inetd, I don't see this behaviour.

thanks for any help in advance.

gary