[stunnel-users] Naive question: will stunnel connect dynamically?

Duncan Murdoch stunnel at murdoch-sutherland.com
Wed Mar 2 23:03:41 CET 2005

I currently use openssh to open a tunnel between my laptop and my POP3
server, but the tunnel keeps locking up. (I think it's a server
problem, or an intermittent line problem, because it happens with both
openssh and Putty.)

What I'd like is a program that would open the tunnel only as needed,
so I can get the mail, and let the tunnel close.

Can stunnel do this?

More generally, is there a quick summary somewhere on the relative
benefits of stunnel's use of SSL versus an SSH approach?

Duncan Murdoch