[stunnel-users] Re: samba over stunnel performance

Brian Szymanski ski at mediamatters.org
Mon Jul 25 00:48:36 CEST 2005

Sorry, forgot to include my specs...

laptop:
windows xp, tried with 4.11, 4.10 and 4.09

unix box:
stunnel -version:
stunnel 4.11 on i386-unknown-freebsd5.3 PTHREAD+POLL+IPv4+LIBWRAP with
OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004

Global options
cert            = /usr/local/etc/stunnel/stunnel.pem
ciphers         = ALL:!ADH:+RC4:@STRENGTH
debug           = 5
key             = /usr/local/etc/stunnel/stunnel.pem
pid             = /var/tmp/stunnel.pid
RNDbytes        = 64
RNDfile         = /dev/urandom
RNDoverwrite    = yes
session         = 300 seconds
verify          = none

Service-level options
TIMEOUTbusy     = 300 seconds
TIMEOUTclose    = 60 seconds
TIMEOUTconnect  = 10 seconds
TIMEOUTidle     = 43200 seconds

uname -a:
FreeBSD ozelmo.wuhjuhbuh.afraid.org 5.3-RELEASE-p15 FreeBSD
5.3-RELEASE-p15 #0: Mon May 30 10:04:43 EDT 2005
root at ozelmo.wuhjuhbuh.afraid.org:/junk1/usr-obj/usr/src/sys/OZELMO  i386

openssl version:
OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004

Thanks again... Sorry for the extra noise

ski at mediamatters.org
cell:  202.243.9007
work:  202.756.4128
home:  240.949.2461