[stunnel-users] Certificate renaming

Paul Jones jonesy_boy10 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 7 06:30:02 CEST 2005

>From the discussion here, I got the impression that it is still possible for
Stunnel to run correctly and successful connections to be made if the
certificate files are NOT renamed using the xxxxx.0 format, where xxxxx is
the hash value of the certificate.

So I simply placed the .crt files for all clients on the server (under the
directory specified in the CApath field in the CONF file).  Now, I've tried,
tried, and tried, but it still doesn't work.  I get a "bad certificate"
error when attempting to connect from the client.

Am I missing something?

Note: I am running Stunnel on Win2K.

Cheers.
Paul