[stunnel-users] Stunnel - Transfer loop executes not transferringany data.

Michal Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mobi-com.net
Tue Apr 19 09:57:24 CEST 2005

Michel Esber wrote:

> Everytime that we run our daemon with stunnel,
> our CPU and memory/swap area consumption
> is extremely intensive. Each stunnel process
> consumes approximately 37Mb of RSS memory.

You're wrong.  Stunnel uses threads instead of processes.  Each thread of a
process uses the same memory region.  It's a common confusion, because Linux
2.4 threads look just like processes in the output of "ps" command.  It's
not stunnel that eats up your memory.

BTW: Please upgrade your stunnel.

Best regards,