[stunnel-users] stunnel: command not found

Robin Martin robmar42 at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 24 07:02:50 CEST 2004

Hi Guys,

I am trying to install stunnel-4.05 on Mac 10.2.8. I am following this
http://www.stepwise.com/Articles/Workbench/eart.4.0.html
article. I am up to Step 8: Testing your setup. The article is old, but I am
aware that stunnel 4.* requires a configuration file rather than command
line inputs. My config file is

[imapd]
accept = 993
exec = /usr/local/libexec/imapd
execargs = imaps

My problem is, when I run (taken from the article)

sudo stunnel -c -f -r localhost:993

I get the following, stunnel: command not found

Can I use command line arguments here? It seems to be a very non-specific
error. While hunting around for an answer I read somewhere else that stunnel
likes to die silently? So perhaps I am doing something wrong but getting a
vague error message? Is there a log file that I can look at?

Thank you for any help, it is appreciated and I hope I've provided
sufficient information.

Best Regards,
Robin