[stunnel-announce] stunnel 5.00 released
Michal.Trojnara at mirt.net
Thu Mar 6 01:09:31 CET 2014
I have released version 5.00 of stunnel.
The ChangeLog entry:
stunnel 5.00 disables some features previously enabled by default.
Users should review whether the new defaults are appropriate for their
particular deployments. Packages maintainers may consider prepending
the old defaults for "fips" (if supported by their OpenSSL library),
"pid" and "libwrap" to stunnel.conf during automated updates.
Version 5.00, 2014.03.06, urgency: HIGH:
* Security bugfixes
- Added PRNG state update in fork threading (CVE-2014-0016).
* New global configuration file defaults
- Default "fips" option value is now "no", as FIPS mode is only
helpful for compliance, and never for actual security.
- Default "pid" is now "", i.e. not to create a pid file at startup.
* New service-level configuration file defaults
- Default "ciphers" updated to "HIGH:MEDIUM:+3DES:+DH:!aNULL:!SSLv2"
due to AlFBPPS attack and bad performance of DH ciphersuites.
- Default "libwrap" setting is now "no" to improve performance.
* New features
- OpenSSL DLLs updated to version 1.0.1f.
- zlib DLL updated to version 1.2.8.
- autoconf scripts upgraded to version 2.69.
- TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2 are now allowed in the FIPS mode.
- New service-level option "redirect" to redirect SSL client
connections on authentication failures instead of rejecting them.
- New global "engineDefault" configuration file option to control
which OpenSSL tasks are delegated to the current engine.
Available tasks: ALL, RSA, DSA, ECDH, ECDSA, DH, RAND, CIPHERS,
DIGESTS, PKEY, PKEY_CRYPTO, PKEY_ASN1.
- New service-level configuration file option "engineId" to select
the engine by identifier, e.g. "engineId = capi".
- New global configuration file option "log" to control whether to
append (the default), or to overwrite log file while (re)opening.
- Different taskbar icon colors to indicate the service state.
- New global configuration file options "iconIdle", "iconActive",
and "iconError" to select status icon on GUI taskbar.
- Removed the limit of 63 stunnel.conf sections on Win32 platform.
- Installation of a sample certificate was moved to a separate "cert"
target in order to allow unattended (e.g. scripted) installations.
- Reduced length of the logged thread identifier. It is still based
on the OS thread ID, and thus not unique over long periods of time.
- Improved readability of error messages printed when stunnel refuses
to start due to a critical error.
- LD_PRELOAD Solaris compatibility bug fixed (thx to Norm Jacobs).
- CRYPTO_NUM_LOCKS replaced with CRYPTO_num_locks() to improve binary
compatibility with diverse builds of OpenSSL (thx to Norm Jacobs).
- Corrected round-robin failover behavior under heavy load.
- Numerous fixes in the engine support code.
- On Win32 platform .rnd file moved from c:\ to the stunnel folder.
Home page: https://www.stunnel.org/
SHA-256 hash for stunnel-5.00.tar.gz:
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 252 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the stunnel-announce