[stunnel-announce] stunnel 4.22 released (Black Hat Europe edition)

Michał Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at mobi-com.net
Fri Mar 28 09:54:31 CET 2008

Dear Users,

I have just released a new version of stunnel.  This is mostly a bugfix
release and I recommend to schedule an upgrade.

Please find below the ChangeLog entry:
Version 4.22, 2008.03.28, urgency: MEDIUM:
* New features
  - Makefile was updated to use standard autoconf variables:
    sysconfdir, localstatedir and pkglibdir.
  - A new global option to control logging to syslog:
      syslog = yes|no
    Simultaneous logging to a file and the syslog is now possible.
  - A new service level option to control stack size:
      stack = <number of bytes>
* Bugfixes
  - Restored chroot() to be executed after decoding numerical
    userid and groupid values in drop_privileges().
  - A few bugs fixed the in the new libwrap support code.
  - TLSv1 method used by default in FIPS mode instead of
    SSLv3 client and SSLv23 server methods.
  - OpenSSL GPL license exception update based on

Home page/download: http://stunnel.mirt.net/

sha1sum for stunnel-4.22.tar.gz file:

Best regards,