[stunnel-users] stunnel + mjpeg_streamer issue

Akos Schneemaier akos.schneemaier at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 00:55:03 CET 2018

HI stunnel users,

i hope somebody have an idea what is going wrong in my config:
I am runnung debian on an arm box with kernel 4.4.89 and stunnel 5.44. I
use mjpeg_streamer to stream webcam images. mjpeg streamer is attaches to
port 8080 for http, but for external access connection goes through stunnel
on port 2970.
The problem is when i connect to mjpeg streamer to get a snapshot via
stunnel i receive a broken image 8 time out of 10:
https:/ipaddress:2970/?action=snapshot. When i do this via
http:/ipaddress:8080/?action=snapshot everything works fine. it seems when
image size is below ~11k then it works fine with stunnel, when the size
goes above then the chance to receive a broken image increases with
stunnel, normal image size is around 22k.

Futuremore when i connect to the mjpeg stream of mjpeg stream then
everything works fine even over
stunnel  https:/ipaddress:2970/?action=stream

Here is the service config file:

pid=/tmp/cam.pid
;foreground=yes
;debug=7
[cam0]
cert = /etc/letsencrypt/live/..../fullchain.pem
key = /etc/letsencrypt/live/..../privkey.pem
sslVersion = all
client = no
accept = 2970
connect = 8080
[cam1]
cert = /etc/letsencrypt/live/..../fullchain.pem
key = /etc/letsencrypt/live/..../privkey.pem
sslVersion = all
client = no
accept = 2971
connect = 8081
[cam2]
cert = /etc/letsencrypt/live/..../fullchain.pem
key = /etc/letsencrypt/live/..../privkey.pem
sslVersion = all
client = no
accept = 2972
connect = 8082