[stunnel-users] Possible memory leak with stunnel reload

MichaƂ Trojnara Michal.Trojnara at stunnel.org
Tue Apr 3 19:09:04 CEST 2018

On 04/03/2018 01:19 PM, Mark Brookes wrote:
> Hi all, we have noticed that when reloading (note reloading not
> restarting) stunnel it appears to be leaking
> between 12 and 32 bytes of memory (ish) per reload.

This is a well-known issue. Several memory structures are leaked on each
configuration file reload.

See https://www.stunnel.org/sdf_todo.html
  - Deallocate SERVICE_OPTIONS structure when the configuration file
    is reloaded *and* old connections are closed.

Would you like to sponsor implementing reference counting of the
SERVICE_OPTIONS structure?

Best regards,