[stunnel-users] Web browsing over stunnel

Osvald Brko bflmpsvz at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 8 13:53:30 CET 2017

I would not believe that, because links does not contain the necessary port
(for instance :8888 which I choose), but where the path is relative, there
it really works.

> Considering that *other* hostnames appear even right on the starting
> page (commons.wikimedia.org, www.wikiquote.org, upload.wikimedia.org,
> etc.), you're unlikely to *stay* within those limits for any length of
> time, though.

I see. The page www.wikipedia.org contains *solely* links to other page addresses,
that's the problem which confused me.

And regarding the www.stunnel.org,
http://www.stunnel.org:8888/
does not work, while
http://www.stunnel.org:8888/index.html
does.

At last I was quite successful with configuration like this:
hosts :
127.0.0.1       localhost

127.0.0.2 en.wikipedia.org
127.0.0.3 upload.wikimedia.org
127.0.0.4 commons.wikimedia.org

127.0.0.5 www.stunnel.org

stunnel.conf :

[https_en.wikip]
client = yes
accept = 127.0.0.2:8888
connect = 91.198.174.192:443

[https_upload.wikim]
client = yes
accept = 127.0.0.3:8888
connect = 91.198.174.208:443

[https_commons.wikim]
client = yes
accept = 127.0.0.4:8888
connect = 91.198.174.192:443

[https_stunnel]
client = yes
accept = 127.0.0.5:8888
connect = 207.192.69.165:443

Of course, I had to add the :8888 port to linked addresses and delete
"s" from "https" manualy, but better than nothing :-) .

   Regards,

          Olda