[stunnel-users] Stunnel Connectivity Issue

Ludolf Holzheid lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
Tue Jun 13 20:07:49 CEST 2017

On Tue, 2017-06-13 22:51:27 +0530, Dheeraj Gautam wrote:
> Hi Browne,
>

> I am not understand like what config I have to do in stunnel config file.
>

> As per application it will trigger 8228 port of remote server, but at the momen stunnel is working only when I am trying to telnet localhost on 9233 port.

Dheeraj,

I'm afraid you confused the directions:

In you configuration file, you told Stunnel to accept connections on
localhost, port 9233 ("accept = 127.0.0.1:9233").  Then, you told
Stunnel, if such a connection is accepted, to connect to a remote
server at port 8228 ("connect = 69.191.198.34:8228").

As long as both connections are established, Stunnel will forward data
from localhost to 69.191.198.34 and vice versa, while encrypting the
data in the localhost -> 69.191.198.34 direction and decrypting the
data in the opposite direction (69.191.198.34 -> localhost).

With this setup, a client program (such as Thunderbird) sends and
receives plain-text data to/from a Stunnel instance on the same
machine, while a server program on a remote machine (such as the
Google mail server) sends and receives encrypted data to/from Stunnel.

Is this about the setup you have in mind?

Is your application server or client?
Does it send and receive plain-text data or encrypted data?

Ludolf

--

Ludolf Holzheid

Bihl+Wiedemann GmbH
Floßwörthstraße 41
68199 Mannheim, Germany

Tel: +49 621 33996-0
Fax: +49 621 3392239

mailto:lholzheid at bihl-wiedemann.de
http://www.bihl-wiedemann.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Mannheim
Geschäftsführer: Jochen Bihl, Bernhard Wiedemann
Amtsgericht Mannheim, HRB 5796