[stunnel-users] installation problems

HOFFMAN, GEOFFREY GEOFFREY.HOFFMAN at apria.com
Mon Jan 30 19:46:35 CET 2017

I am having trouble installing stunnel on CentOS 7.3.

I was given a directive to "use the latest OpenSSL" so on one target machine, it has 1.0.2k built from source.

On the machine with OpenSSL 1.0.2k, when attempting to install stunnel, when I run ./configure, it passes with this info:

configure: FIPS support not found

Then make fails with:

/usr/bin/ld: /usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.a(s3_srvr.o): relocation R_X86_64_32 against `.rodata' can not be used when making a shared object; recompile with -fPIC

On another target machine, it has 1.0.1e-fips, installed via yum package.

On the machine with OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips, ./configure fails with:

checking for TLS directory... not found
configure: error:
Could not find your TLS library installation dir

Advice on installing with the latest OpenSSL (1.0.2k) would be much appreciated.

This e-mail, including any attachments, is meant only for the intended recipient of the transmission, and may be a confidential communication or a communication privileged by law. If you received this e-mail in error, any review, use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. Please notify us immediately of the error by return e-mail and please delete this message from your system. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.