[stunnel-users] stunnel 5.39 released

Javier jamilist.stn at gmx.es
Tue Jan 3 18:47:18 CET 2017

On Sun, 1 Jan 2017 23:43:31 +0100
Michał Trojnara <Michal.Trojnara at stunnel.org> wrote:

> * New features
>   - PKCS#11 engine (pkcs11.dll) added to the Win32 build.

Hi,

You are going to forgive me, but, wasn't this already included?

It surprised to me that the 31st of December was asked in the list
and now you include it as a separate engine, because I'd swear that
years ago (so, don't trust my memory), maybe around 4.xx version, as
a simple test I checked if Stunnel could read the national ID
smartcard, and it could.

:-?

Now I'm confused if there was support, or if I used the capi/capicom
engine, even I think there weren’t external dll engines for that
versions, or I used the PKCS#11 dll that is shipped with the
smartcard chipset drivers. Maybe it was that :-?

I’d swear it worked one way or another :-? Am I wrong? Did I mix
something in my head?

Regards.