[stunnel-users] stunnel 5.x no answer in server mode?

Ulli Horlacher framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Sep 13 20:35:30 CEST 2016

On Tue 2016-09-13 (12:10), Ma??gorzata Olszówka wrote:

> > I use stunnel as a https proxy for my own http server (*).
> >
> > The server mode of stunnel 5.x does not work any more.
> > It accepts the connection and then immediatelly closes it without sending
> > back any data.
> > stunnel 4.x is working fine (for many years!), with the same configuration.

> > The client receives no data at all, the connection is closed by the server
> > (stunnel).
> >
> > As I wrote: with stunnel 4.27 everything works as expected. Does stunnel
> > 5.x need another configuration?
>
> The log messages show, that the child process  terminated with code 1.
> This is the point where you should start looking for the cause.

The client fexsrv does not start at all with stunnel 5.x, whereas with
stunnel 4.27 everything works fine.

> It is impossible to say anything without analysis of the executed fexsrv
> program.

The problem cannot be in fexsrv, because it works with stunnel 4.27

--
Ullrich Horlacher              Server und Virtualisierung
Rechenzentrum TIK
Universitaet Stuttgart         E-Mail: horlacher at tik.uni-stuttgart.de
Allmandring 30a                Tel:    ++49-711-68565868
70569 Stuttgart (Germany)      WWW:    http://www.tik.uni-stuttgart.de/
REF:<f0622f17-fd11-bdb8-4a82-9665463c0d64 at olszowka.net>