[stunnel-users] stunnel 5.38 released

Javier jamilist.stn at gmx.es
Wed Nov 30 19:19:02 CET 2016

On Wed, 30 Nov 2016 09:36:39 +0100
Małgorzata Olszówka <gosia at olszowka.net> wrote:

> Hello Javier,
> I tried to replicate this bug, but I couldn't. Could you show me your
> activities step-by-step? The log messages can be also helpful.

Hi, just as I explained. There isn't any mistery ;)

This time I did without a .lnk shortcut to avoid any possible
problems with the path where should being executed. Just in case. So
all through cmd ran from the stunnel path.

I attach the example.conf used with an error already crafted just to
test it and the log (removed from the point it loads the default
stunnel.conf, instead example.conf).

Step-by-step:

1.- stunnel.exe example.conf
2.- stunnel.exe brings the alert box with an error and stops
3.- edit example.conf manually or through "Configuration > Edit
Configuration" menu
4.- reload the configuration through
"Configuration > Reload Configutarion" menu
5.- stunnel loads by itself stunnel.conf instead example.conf

Note: the log hasn't the same file name because after the error
stunnel just ignores it and I had to save manually. Looks like it
doesn't log anything to file unless the .conf is loaded without
errors. Another bug?

Regards.