[stunnel-users] Deactivate expiry date check, Have CA check with verify = 3

Mark Shine mark.shine at seferon.com
Fri Nov 18 11:03:01 CET 2016

Hello,

I would like to setup stunnel but the certificate from my other tunnel is expired. How would I tell stunnel to ignore verification of expiry date of the certificate coming from stunnel client mode to the stunnel server mode?

 I want to be able to verify the certificate but ignore the expiry date. Not disable cert check all the way

I have a stunnel setup by someone else that has done this exact thing but I have no clue how they did it. Stunnel seems to use openssl for the verification so I guess the question should be how to bypass openssl expiry check.

Please see the below link for my issue on stackexchange.

http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/323997/stunnel-how-to-ignore-the-cert-expiry-date

[http://cdn.sstatic.net/Sites/unix/img/[email protected]?v=32fb07f7ce26&a]<http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/323997/stunnel-how-to-ignore-the-cert-expiry-date>

Stunnel: How to ignore the cert expiry date<http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/323997/stunnel-how-to-ignore-the-cert-expiry-date>
unix.stackexchange.com