[stunnel-users] Connecting stunnels

Juhasz Gabor Gabor.Juhasz at KONE.com
Thu Mar 31 11:20:11 CEST 2016

Hi Ludolf,

Thanks for your reply.

>in your picture above, I don't understand who is supposed to establish
>the connection (i.e. who is to act as a client) and who is supposed
>to wait for connections (i.e. who is to act as a server).

There are 2 clients (left and right side) and the middle is the server

[stunnel client] ---> [stunnel server] <-- [stunnel client]
[telnet client] ----> [tunnelserver] ----> [telnet server]

These arrows are on my original pictures.

The server has 2 instances of stunnel and I'd like to connect them somehow.

>/Maybe/ you are thinking of running the stunnel instance in server
>mode on a different host than the telnet server:
No, I do not think it.

Kind regards,
Gabor