[stunnel-users] Stunnel in inetd mode and PID in logs

Bruce Guenter bruce at untroubled.org
Wed Dec 7 19:39:23 CET 2016

On Mon, Dec 05, 2016 at 11:43:06AM +0100, Małgorzata Olszówka wrote:
> The logId option allows you to distinguish log entries generated for
> each of the connections. Various supported types are useful for the
> different method of log analysis. But I don’t understand why do you need
> to have the main stunnel process identifier in the log messages. It can
> be read from journalctl e.g.

I am not using journalctl. I am running stunnel from tcpserver, and both
are outputting logs to stderr. tcpserver accepts the connections and
reports the PID of each newly spawned connection along with both the
local and remote connection details, but stunnel doesn't report its PID
in its logs.  This makes it impossible to match up the local/remote IP
information with the stunnel logs (TLS negotiation and data transfers).

--
Bruce Guenter <bruce at untroubled.org>                http://untroubled.org/