[stunnel-users] hex key support for psk

Reese Wilson reesew at tzmedical.com
Thu Oct 29 00:12:01 CET 2015

I ran into an issue with PSK reading the key as ascii instead of hex. I had
a gnutls-serv and gnutls-cli set up with a hex key, and I switched the
server for one wrapped using stunnel, but using the same key in psk.txt was
failing. I eventually got it working by converting the hex characters to
binary and placing that in the contents of the file specified by PSKsecrets
(psk.txt), but this won't work for certain scenarios. For example, what if
the key contains ascii newline characters?