[stunnel-users] stunnel 5.25 released

Jose Alf. josealf at rocketmail.com
Thu Nov 5 12:36:13 CET 2015

Michal,
I apologize. It was late night and I should have waited till morning to write the report. Note that I read that link for the first time years ago, and I still do once in a while :)

Mostly, you figured out the issue. I use the mingw.mak recipe included in the src directory to compile my own stunnel with mingw32. However, there was a change in stunnel 5.25 affecting stunnel.c that breaks compilation with this makefile. See attached diff. I know you don't compile under windows, but please consider reverting that change to retain backward compatibility.

Thanks a lot for sharing your build scripts on Linux.
Regards,Jose

     On Thursday, November 5, 2015 4:14 AM, Michal Trojnara <Michal.Trojnara at mirt.net> wrote:

On 05.11.2015 05:17, Josealf.rm wrote:
> I tested stunnel 5.26b1 with gcc 4.85 under Windows. All fine
> except that I had to change the #include <openssl/applink.c> to
> <../ms/applink.c> as it was on previous releases.

I'm not sure what you mean by "gcc 4.85 under Windows".
I guess mingw, but it still doesn't give me enough information to
reproduce and fix the issue.  Please consider reading:

Trying to reproduce the issue you reported I managed to build stunnel
with Cygwin.  See the attached file for details.

The stunnel/OpenSSL build procedure for Windows has recently changed.
 stunnel no longer uses the OpenSSL source tree, but rather the
installed files.  The problem is that OpenSSL does not install the
applink.c file required for Windows targets.  I guess this is an
OpenSSL bug.  My current script for cross-compiling OpenSSL on
Debian/Ubuntu is:

#!/bin/bash
set -e

case $1 in
    32)
        TARGET=i686
        MINGW=mingw
        ;;
    64)
        TARGET=x86_64
        MINGW=mingw64
        ;;
    *)
        echo "Usage: $0 {32|64}"
        exit 1
esac

./Configure \
    --cross-compile-prefix=${TARGET}-w64-mingw32- \
    --openssldir=/opt/openssl-${MINGW} \
    ${MINGW} shared
make
sudo make install
sudo cp ms/applink.c /opt/openssl-${MINGW}/include/openssl/

Best regards,
    Mike