[stunnel-users] stunnel 5.18 may keep high CPU usage

Dod dodfr at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 15 00:04:02 CEST 2015

Hello Michal,

I think I found something about the permanent CPU usage, it may not be
directly related to DH calculation.

Now  I  activated the debug=info level I have a better view of what is
happening.

As  showed  in  my previous mail with the log sample, the last stunnel
startup  showed  DH  calculation in a matter of minutes all was OK and
CPU slowed down as it should at the end of calculation.

But  right  now a few hours later the CPU is stuck again with this 25%
usage.

I  checked  the  logs and saw nothing related to DH or [CRON] so it is
not  because  DH  calculation  may  have restarted sooner than the 24H
expected cycle.

The only thing I did is to travel with my laptop in my bag so computer
went  into  standby  mode and then awaked 2 hours later and right now,
one hour after this awake CPU is still 25%.

Going  from  standby to awake mode produced some winsock errors in the
logs  (nothing unusual, all related to the loss of my WiFi the time it
connect again) like :

Software caused connection abort (WSAECONNABORTED) (10053)
Network is unreachable (WSAENETUNREACH) (10051)

I think that CPU usage may go crazy if some kind of session failure
happen, but I may be wrong.

Did something change between 5.17 and 5.18 related to error/session
management ?

regards.